Only a handful of people have the guts to design their own house; most of the times, people end up hiring expensive professionals for architectural purposes. And why not? You don't design and construct a home often, no matter how rich or famous you are. Building a house is like building a dream you've cherished from a long period of time.
If you have recently purchased a plot and want to transform the piece of land into your dream house, it is time for you to know a few things. Read below to know about them:
1) The first thing that you need to remember, while designing your house, is to be practical. You can't build a castle with the little money you have (even though you can try your best to transform your little house into your castle)!
2) Concentrate on both, exteriors as well as interiors, of your house, rather than focusing only on one thing. Just like a lot of people look at the exteriors of your home, a lot of people visit you to witness the beauty of the interiors as well.
3) If you are unable to sketch the house for yourself, don't be overconfident. There are several architects that provide you with consultations or advices for the dream house you have in your mind. Hire a professional person and take his help!
4) Don't build something you won't be able to handle in future. It is always good to construct 'realistic' homes, instead of ending up with the wrong ones.
5) Consider space, since it is the most important thing when it comes to a house. You may be living alone in your house at first, but that doesn't mean you won't have a partner in future! Also, loved ones keep coming in all the time; thus, you need a house that's spacious enough to accommodate people.
6) Do not spend more than you can afford; this is one of the biggest mistakes people make and repent later. It is good to prepare a plan and be in the budget you have in your mind.
7) Instead of using cheap quality materials for the construction of your house, spend a little extra (without hampering the budget too much) and buy good quality materials. Your house will save you from natural calamities in future. Thus, spending a few bucks more on the materials is no big deal.
8) Be as close to nature as you can; Mother Earth has all the healing powers that you need in your life and within the walls of your house.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Rajesh_B_Sanghvi/1284637
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9309201